November 7, 2008

Banana Pancakes with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix

I have to admit that I need to branch out in the pancake mix category. I have not tried enough brands to call Bob’s the best. In fact, I would categorize it only as “decent”. So, why haven’t I tried more?

Well, with Bob’s Red Mill products I find it is what you do with the mix that makes it awesome. His gluten free pancake mix needs buttermilk, sour cream or plain yogurt, otherwise you are faced with a bit dry and gritty pancake. My family and house guests love my pancakes, never knowing that it contains ingredients like white sorghum flour, whole corn flour, or potato starch. This is how I make Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix taste oh so yummy:

Gluten/Wheat Free, Kid Friendly

1½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
1 large egg
¾ cup buttermilk or a combination of regular milk and a dab of either sour cream or plain yogurt
1 tablespoon oil
1 smashed banana
sprinkle in cinnamon

Preheat griddle. Mix all ingredients together. Spoon or pour desired amount of batter on griddle. Cook until bubbly, flip and cook until golden brown. Serve with your favorite topping. Enjoy!